- "If children are not introduced to music at an early age, I believe something fundamental is actually being taken from them."
- "I know one second before if is not going well. Absolutely. I feel it."
- "I am open to everything."
- "I made 12 duets. It was such a pleasure to know these people from the inside, not from the cover of an album."
- "If you are gifted from God, He give you the gift of the voice, and even the intelligence to drive it."
- "In opera, as with any performing art, to be in great
demand and to command high fees you must be good of course, but you
must also be famous. The two are different things."
- "Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail."
- "Sometime to be called Pavarotti is not always an advantage."
- "The better voice doesn’t mean being a better singer."
- "You don’t need any brains to listen to music."
- "Why should be elite, music? Excuse me. Music must be for everybody."