This from Mark Driscoll’s blog:
In what ways should a pastor view their ministry?
- Ministry is your fourth priority after being a Christian, husband, and father.
- Ministry is your job, not your life.
- God rewards faithfulness, not just fruitfulness.
- Your salvation and righteousness are gifts from Jesus and not contingent upon your performance.
- If you do not Sabbath, God will impose a Sabbath upon you.
- A series of sprints, with nine natural breaks out of the pulpit, rather than a marathon.
- First Sunday of the Year (January)
- Daylight Savings Day (March)
- Mother’s Day (May)
- Memorial Day (May)
- Father’s Day (June)
- Fourth of July (July)
- Labor Day Weekend (September)
- Thanksgiving (November)
- Week after Christmas (December)
- Jesus is the Senior Pastor and the church is His
Do you agree with Him on these points?