Here are some things I’m thinking about this Friday
- I used to try to go to bed laughing by watching the Conan’s or Leno’s monologue. Now, to unplug my brain, I read. I wonder how that changes the way I sleep or get up in the morning. What’s better…laughing or thinking?
- This weekend, we will worship at Highland Oaks Church of Christ for the first time on a Sunday since we moved in summer of 2008. We’re looking forward to it.
- I’m still grappling with why some Christians talk about God as though He doesn’t live up to their high moral standards. The real question is whether we will live according to His.
- Is there a more frequently broken commandment than “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor?” We often embellish, stretch, and create our own truth about people and don’t think twice about it.
- If you’re on Twitter, you really need to check out the Slices app and Twittelator Neue. These two are setting the new standard for Twitter apps.
- As NVC continues our 90 Days Through the Bible campaign, I have now moved up 2 days in my quest to catch up on the Bible in 90 Days. I was 9 days behind. Now, I’m 7 behind. Subtract the two “grace days” built into the campaign, and that puts me 5 back. I have 2, 3-hour flights and a week of vacation coming up. I believe a return to glory is imminent 😉
- The Lakers are looking fierce next year with the addition of Dwight Howard. Miami is toast.
- I just missed Willow Creek’s Global Leadership Summit for the first time in a decade. For that, I’m totally bummed. It’s a superb event and a must-go for church leaders.
- I still haven’t seen the Dark Knight yet.
- Let me revise my World Series picks. I’m going Angels vs. Dodgers. If I’m wrong, may the Lord at least prevent the Giants and Yankees from making it.
- I’m speechless on the Randy Travis naked DWI incident. I hope whatever is troubling him he takes seriously, repents and gets whatever help he may need.
- I admit a full-fledged love of playing fantasy sports. Don’t judge me.
This week’s video goes out to all men who get to full of themselves. When your man needs to be taken down a peg–have him throw a rock with the other hand.
Keep laughing, and have a blessed weekend!