- Charles Siburt, a mentor to me and thousands of others will be with the Lord soon. Today is a day of prayer for him. Please join me in praying for his family, and thanking God for his life and ministry.
- My old ministry partner, Chad Higgins (worship minister at Highland Oaks Church of Christ) went through open-heart surgery this week and came through it like a champ. God is good. Thankful for the Higgins’–one of the most resilient families I know.
- We got a visit from my mother-in-law and father-in-law earlier this week. We always love it–and realize it’s an enormous blessing to have Christian in-laws who love God, each other and us on both sides of the family. It’s increasingly rare these days and an enormous blessing.
- The NBA season is going super fast. I can’t keep up. I’m still a little bent over the lockout. By playoff time, though, I’ll be ready to serve up some humble pie to Tim Archer, Josh Graves, and the other Mavs haters out there.
- A lot of attention is given to the big free-agent signings (Pujols, Fielder, etc.). However championships are won by the second-tier talent guys coming up huge in key moments over 162 games + playoffs.
- I’m helping Olivia’s 8 and under softball team. Today, we are terrible. By seasons start we will be terrible as an army with banners.
- I haven’t played golf is quite some time. I need to fix that…but don’t know when that’s going to happen.
- Valentine’s Day is coming up–fellas…let’s do something creative and fun that shows some effort as a way of saying, “I love you.”
- I start a new series on Revelation on Sunday. It may be the most wonderful book of the Bible. But, as we all know, we don’t talk about it very much. Let’s fix that.
- Some really interesting books have come out recently. Right now, I’m checking out N.T. Wright’s, The Kingdom New Testament. So far, it strikes me as “The Message” for Wrightians–but less poetic and more “accurate.” It reads really well, though.
Oh, and one more thing–Super Bowl pick: Patriots over the Giants, 31-27 or so. I started out thinking Giants. Now, I’ve tilted the other way. It pains me to pick the Patriots. But, alas, I must.
Got a Super Bowl pick?