I just began reading Larry Osborne's new book, 10 Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe. Initially, it's a lot of fun to read, and I enjoy Larry's realistic take on life and Christianity. He's also done a fine job of showing how these myths hinder and hurt life rather than adding to it.
When I'm finished, I'll write a real review and post it to the blog (probably next Monday).Meanwhile, here's the list of the 10 things…
1. Faith can fix anything.
2. Forgiving means forgetting.
3. A Godly home guarantees godly kids
4. God has a blueprint for my life.
5. Christians shouldn't judge.
6. Everything happens for a reason.
7. Let your conscience be your guide.
8. God brings good luck.
9. A Valley Means a Wrong Turn
10. Dead people go to a better place.
I did a short series called Urban Legends a couple of years ago, and did these three:
- God just wants me to be happy
- The church exists to meet the needs of people
- There's my personal life, and there's my spiritual life.
Can you think of some others?